Wednesday, November 21, 2007

777


from July 7, 2007

Thanks and thanks and thanks... to everyone who took part in the 777 show at the Living Room...

especially to Brian, Jay, Smitty and Bill of Kilgore for inviting yours truly to not only be a part of it all, but for passing the smokestack-logo torch on, and for making the 16 years of practice (that occurred only in my head) pay off and allowing me to actually take the stage and peform a song with the band. That'll stay with me for a long time.

...and to my incredible bongo-less band, Austin Andrews (finally!), the amazing Cameron Greenlee, the ever-present, ever-reliable and ever-appreciated Dox, and last minute low-end master Bill Bell, it wouldn't have happened without you. I am indebted.

To the throngs of adoring 90s metal merrymakers: you didn't eat me alive. you didn't throw anything at me. you listened. you nodded your heads and laughed at my jokes. you bought me drinks onstage. God damn. Much warmer a welcome than I could have hoped for. A class crowd from front to back.

Pete, Greg, James, Mike D, and all of you Living Room cronies: always make a brother feel at home. Thanks.

Gratitude all around for a night that I've been waiting for for a decade.

~SD.

PS Anyone with pictures from the show that wouldn't mind sending them along: stormdavis@gmail.com

No comments: